Celebrating Our History:
A Kiwanis club was started in the former town of Grand Falls in 1959. The first executive being: President-Max Porter, Vice President- George Anderson, and Secretary- Bruce Reid. The club operated until 1962. After a four year interruption, a new club was formed in 1966 through the determined efforts of a few of the former members and the sponsorship of the St. John’s club. On October 29th of that year the club received its Charter from Kiwanis International. Even with this break in time the music festival and radio auction continue their annual numbering dating from the 1959 club.
The club was incorporated on January 15th 1975, signing an agreement with Kiwanis International on March 10th 1975.
The club’s first and only sponsored new club was Gander who received their charter in 1976.
A significant change took place in 1996 when females were accepted as members. The first female member was Kathy Wicks. She went on to be the first female president in 2002-2003.
After the towns of Grand Falls and Windsor amalgamated in 1991 the club changed its name, officially, to the Kiwanis Club of Grand Falls-Windsor, Newfoundland. The reincorporation with the new name took place March 26, 2001.